Me, Myself and I

Say Hello and Introduce yourself here.
قدم نفسك هنا.

Moderators: nihadsirees, Jihan, sahartawfiq, weamnamou

Me, Myself and I

Postby dralmenoar2006 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:12 pm

I am, at present, a Lecturer in the English Department at the British University in Egypt -- El Shorouk City, Cairo. I am a U.S. citizen with a PhD in English Literature and Applied Linguistics-Stylistics (2000), as well as a master's degree (1994) and a postgraduate teaching diploma in Teaching English as a Second Language(1992). I obtained my Bachelor's Degree from San Jose State University, California, USA (1983). I have taught both in the United States and abroad.

My research is in the field of using English language translations of the Quran as material for the teaching of English language and literature to non-native English speakers. I have done extensive work in this area since 1992, and I have accumulated many case studies and classroom observations. Starting from the experience of substituting sections from the Quran for the standard classroom text, I have employed various pedagogical approaches to teaching the Quran as literature -- questionnaires, stylistic analysis, comparative studies of different English language translations, linguistic analysis of verses, and so on. I have also organized a forum on this topic with experts in the field.

In doing all of this, my intention was not to look at the religious value of the verses, but at the literary value that is so abundant in both the English language translations and the original.

I have been able to prepare about 20 articles based on the data from my classroom experiences. The possible fields of publication are many: Education, ESL, Literature, English Language Teaching, Literary Texts, Linguistics, Pedagogy, Stylistics, Religious Studies and Education, Humanities.

I am looking forward to sharing my research based findings internationally in the very near future.

Lubna Almenoar, PhD
Lecturer
British University in Egypt
Cairo - Suez Desert Road - El Sherouk City
Hotline: 19BUE (19283)
Tel.:+202 2689-0000
Fax: +202 26875889 / 97
Postal No. : 11837 - P.O. Box 43
E-mail: info@bue.edu.eg
My E-mail:dralmenoar2006@yahoo.com or lubna.almenoar@bue.edu.eg
dralmenoar2006

Postby carlo16 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:09 pm

Hi,
I just enter this site it’s really amazing and lot of wonderful to study for horror stories. I had also used this site and I got more fun so be joyfully and visit this site.
carlo16

Postby Stelin19 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:53 am

Hi

yeah You're right carlo it's really amazing site...
and you can learn a lot to this site....

thank's for sharing your information dralmenoar:)
Stelin19

Return to Welcome / أهلا وسهلا